Homelessness is many things – but to you and I – it is a visual blight.
Tents and boxes and grocery carts and clothes and trash cover the sidewalks lining the street under the freeway overpass. It is loud and car sounds echo – gas fumes linger and can’t escape which creates terrible air quality – so why do people choose to live there?
- No competition for that land
- I can see who is coming up to me
- one side of me is secure and closed off so I only need to worry about 3 sides and not 4
- Close to grocery stores
- freeways are close to gas stations, gas stations have sinks and public toilets
- shade in the sunny So Cal days
- protection from the rain and winds
I don’t think anyone WANTS to be homeless, but if you are homeless outside you will be looking for a spot as sheltered as possible.