When I speak about poverty and homelessness please know:
- I worked 4 years in Skid Row
- 10 years in Welfare to Work aka Gain with moms and dads who were homeless, low income, teenage parents and I specialized in people who needed mental health and substance use or domestic violence treatment
- 3 years in the food stamp and MediCal application program or DPSS
- 2 more years running homeless shelters find adults in behavioral health services
- I have a bachelor’s degree in sociology and a master’s degree in social work
——–. So you might say I’m an expert on the subject —-
I am a practicing Methodist and I believe that Loving your neighbor means starting with those who need love the most and have the least
I have seen evidence that if you want to improve the life of a child, you have to start by helping the parent.
I did not baby my clients and I will not pander to your ignorance. I will talk to you like you are my equal and correct you when you are wrong.
Keep this in mind when you start posting things about poverty, drug addiction, homelessness, mental health, and welfare.
If you have questions, ask me before you post random opinions. If you won’t believe me, I’m happy to connect you with another expert; maybe one who looks a little bit more like you so you will believe them. If you need a man, or person of color, or a rich person to give you the facts so that you’ve been identify with the giver and believe the facts – I’m happy to do that for you.