Now, many of my friends are not willing to do research, they just spout FaceBook “Facts”. Ugh. Here are 7 things you might enjoy learning about on this, the first day of Black History Month.
- Henry Ford and Square Dancing
- Harriet Tubman and Susan B Anthony
- Peanuts and George Washington Carver – yum
- Inoculation was introduced to America by a slave.
- The earliest recorded protest against slavery was by the Quakers in 1688
- The real “Lone Ranger” was inspired by an African American man named Bass Reeves.and 1 in 4 cowboys was black.
- 45% of Homeless Vets are Black or Hispanic