Education and ethnicity still not equalize pay for women.
Still less than pay for men.
1. Research pay for your field of interest.
2. Speak to others who have the job you want and ask about pay and benefits … you will need this to negotiate.
3. Do not ask this of the folks at your possible new employment because the Ledbetter act was squashed.
4. Do not list “open” as the money amount you request as pay when applying for a job
5. Do not list the lowest pay you had heard about as your requested pay.
6. List an amount near the top of the range that you are eligible for and be willing to negotiate.
7. Check on sites like Glassdoor.com for pay and work information.
Why should you believe me? Well, I am the highest paid employee at my job title.