What I want HomelessInLA to accomplish in the next year –
- a comprehensive list of all the local shelters and the demographics they serve
- a user friendly guide to navigating the Public Assistance system (Cash Aid, Medi-Cal, Medi-Care, Social Security, IHSS)
- A Sample budget for the low income that reflects a savings plan
- More introductions and contacts for you to know – ie: who is out there looking to end poverty and enabling you to move from poverty to self-sufficiency and possibly prosperity.
- More stories of people who are average, smart people who have fallen into poverty so that poverty has a face we are not afraid to look at and an issue we feel comfortable addressing.
- To use Twitter and my personal engagements in the local sphere to be more connected with people and agencies whose work I admire.