Part of how to cook on a FoodStamp budget for less $ than eating out. So simple that even I could make it in half an hour!
- 1 lb
Chicken Breast, no skin,
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 can (14.5 oz) Campbell’s low sodium chicken broth
- .5 (1/2) cup Water
- 1 tsp (or more to taste) dried Rosemary (or 1 Tbsp fresh)
- 1 tsp (or more to taste) Italian Seasoning
- .5 tsp Salt
- 1.5 cup(2 med) Zucchini, sliced and quartered
- 3 Plum Tomatoes or 1.5 cups Red Ripe Tomatoes
- 1 medium Bell Pepper (any color – I ♥ green, put the orange, yellow, red have more zing)
- 8 oz (1 1/3 cups) Orzo, Barilla, uncooked
—– you can change up the veggies ———- toss cheddar, feta or other cheeses on top
Stir in garlic, pasta and broth. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 8 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed.
(I usually taste it about now to make sure there is enough spice for me, then DC comes along and pours all kinds of hot spices into it. )
Stir in remaining ingredients. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 5 minutes, stirring once, until bell pepper is crisp-tender and pasta is tender.