Sears is hiring
this is a preview of the Call Center position in Chatsworth
Telephone Sales Representative (Job Preview)
What does a Telephone Sales Representative do?
– As a Telephone Sales Representative you can expect to make a high volume of outbound calls to existing Sears Customers and focus on your persuasion abilities to convincing them to purchase a Protection Agreement on appliances and other products purchased from any of our Sears retail stores nationwide.
What are the company’s expectations of me, if I am hired for this position?
– If hired, you must successfully pass a drug test and background check before employment can begin.
– Orientation is the first day of employment followed by a paid sales training program conducted by one of our Training Managers.
– The ability to navigate on a computer and experience working on a Windows operating System is a necessity.
– Upon graduation from your training course, you can expect to work in a fast paced, quota-driven sales environment. As a sales representative you are expected to meet a quota at the close of each selling month, have excellent attendance and come to work prepared each day to sell our Protection Agreement to existing customers on their appliances.
– We offer fulltime (30 hours) and part-time (25 hours) schedules. Saturday scheduling is REQUIRED from 5a-4p and Sundays is from 7a-4p, Sunday scheduling rotates by working one Sunday and being off the next. The weekday schedule is from 2pm-9pm or 5pm-9pm.
– The Marketing center is open 7 days a week and only closes on Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas, otherwise all holidays are work days with Holiday pay if qualified. Flexibility of scheduling and availability of extra hour coverage will help with the growing Chatsworth site.
– Attendance is extremely important. Managing your attendance is critical for top performance.
What is the "feel" of the environment once I become a Telephone Sales Representative?
– If you are sales goal orientated, handle customer rejection and overcome objections well, work well under pressure of sales expectations, have a drive for success in a job and work well with others, this may be your dream job!
What are some of the benefits I can expect from Sears once hired for this position?
– If hired Full Time, you can expect to receive Medical/Dental, 401k, profit sharing, paid vacation time (after 1 year of service), up to 4 personal holidays and other great benefits from Sears upon completion of your probationary period. You also immediately qualify for an excellent employee discount valid to all Sears retail stores nationwide valid to all Sears Associates. Our full time shifts are for a 30 hours per week shift.
– If hired part-time, you can sign up for the Starbridge Choices sponsored by Aetna for a limited Medical plan which becomes effective 31 days after employment
– Sears also has a " promote from within policy"
– Excellent incentive plans for those who meet and exceed expectations!
Is there a probation period?
– Yes. Once hired, there is a 90-day probationary period where your attendance and sales performance must meet Sears’s exceptions.
– You must remain in your assigned shift for minimum of 90 days before you can apply for a different shift.
IF you have any questions about this position you may call us at Sears Marketing Center, Chatsworth Unit 09489, 9332 De Soto Ave, Chatsworth, CA 91311 (818) 885-3000 / 818-885-3037 fax. Thank you for your interest in Sears.