My baby, Miss Darla (in yellow), went to @pathachieve today and made a friend in Rosa. Okay, Rosa slept through it all…
The beauty I saw today was:
- meeting this young mother who is soft spoken, kind, sweet and attentive to her baby (and mine)
- holding her daughter who is a week younger than my own
- watching the shelter staff interact with the family
- seeing this mother talk to the other children in the shelter about babies, wipes, and little kid stuff
- meeting a little boy who will get his own room and transitional housing tomorrow
but the Beast remains: Little kids are homeless. Some of them, like Rosa, are born into it.