Help A Mother Out is having a Diaper Drive in So. California. – this is the invitation:
Join us at the Glendale Police Department on December 1 at 10am for a morning social to kick off the Glendale Diaper Drive!
Help us diaper babies in need by participating in the Glendale Diaper Drive this holiday season. Donations will accepted online and at participating dropoff locations from December 1 through December 14.
At our kick-off event you will meet the people behind the drive – the Glendale Domestic Violence Task Force, Glendale Rotary Club at Noon, and PATH/Achieve Glendale – and learn more about how diaper need affects our community.
- At any given point there are 42 women and children in Glendale homeless due to domestic violence.
- Homeless families in crisis need diapers.
- Nearly 4,000 families in Glendale earn less than $10,000 per year.
- It can cost up to $1,100 per year to diaper a baby.
- Diapers are not covered under food stamps or WIC.
- Babies left in dirty diapers face great risk for diaper rash, staph, and urinary tract infections.