hi! I hate surveys so can I just tell you –
- GREAT job on the parking and Parking Permit idea!Ssoo much better than years past.
- Advertize more and earlier… I did not hear bout the HomeWalk on the radio until last weekend. I should have heard about this MONTHS ago.
- Use your social media- follow the example of @mwomack to talk about the good you do and use a universal hashtag to get HomeWalk “trending”.
- Push that this is “pet” and “small child” friendly.
- Make a FaceBook event – Look what Hollywood4ward did with theirs and the resulting size of their team. http://www.facebook.com/?sk=events#!/event.php?eid=170707506276889
- have water bottles handed out at the start – and fruit – and also give them out more often along the route.
- inform people about the information fair – and have the booths open AFTER the walk as well.
- In the opening ceremony someone discussed the homeless people living at the freeway off ramp – did any one go visit that person living there and offer services or invite them to come to the information fair part of the HomeWalk
- I like the photo – op trucks –
- could you put the pylons / large poster columns along the walk earlier.
- have some of those posters showcase the work of the agencies you support.
- Invite anyone who wants to “Run” the walk to be at the front of the pack and let them go a few minutes before the walkers. – invite the charities like Give your Sole to be there to collect shoes.
- Don’t keep encouraging people to come to the front of the stage because when the walk started, there was no flow – we were stuck in a standstill of gridlock.
- I really like the shirts from this year, but had to choose between wearing my team’s shirt or yours . . . maybe next year my team will just have hats?