U.S. Citizens and Nationals Applying for Medi-Cal




If you are not a U.S. citizen, this law does not apply to you. 

  he new law does not apply to U.S. citizens or nationals in any of these categories:  



Anyone with: – Supplemental Security Income (SSI)


  • – Medicare 

    – Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) 

    – Social Security Retirement and Survivors Insurance (RSI – Title II) 

    based on their own disability 

    Anyone under 21 asking for Minor Consent Services 

    Babies born to women on Medi-Cal 

    Children in Foster Care, Adoption Assistance, or Kin-GAP 

    Babies in the Abandoned Baby Program 

    CalWORKs Beneficiaries 




What if I am not one of the above people?



. Medi-CalIf you are a U.S. citizen or national, you must provide proof of citizenship and identity to be eligible for





What if I am NOT a U.S. citizen?   

You only need to provide the same documents that were required before. Nothing has changed.
How can I get proof of citizenship? 

If you were born in California, the county may be able to get your birth record. (A birth record is proof of citizenship.) Fill out a Request for California Birth Record to ask the county to request your birth record. Then, mail or take this form to your local social services office. If a birth record cannot be found, you will need to provide another proof of citizenship. Ask your county about getting proof of citizenship if you were not born in California. Contact the county to see if they have found a birth record match for you before you pay for a birth certificate. 

Published by Homeless

Mommy. Social worker. Nice lady seeking to end homelessness and end poverty. FightOn

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: