the following is from their web site:
You can drop off gently-used donations (clean and on hangers, please!) at the following locations:
Los Angeles Urban League WorkSource Business & Career Center – Avalon
12700 S. Avalon Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90061
Los Angeles Urban League WorkSource Business & Career Center – Pomona
264 E. Montery Road
Pomona, CA 91766
The clothes that you donate are given directly to the people we serve. We ask that clothing donations are in excellent condition, stylish and ready to wear by our clients. Please use the following guidelines for professional clothing donations for Men and Women.
- There is a great need for plus size men’s and women’s clothing year round
- Must be clean and pressed
- Must be on hangers – no bags or boxes*
- No broken zippers, missing buttons, tears or stains
- Purses and shoes in good condition
- Men & women’s accessories (scarves, belts, earrings, necklaces, shoes, & ties) are always greatly appreciated
- New packages of panty hose and men’s boxers are accepted.
- Unopened personal care products and travel size personal care products are accepted.
* While we always appreciate your interest in helping our clients get back to work, The Los Angeles Urban League is unable to accept clothing donation arriving in bags or boxes. Why is this policy strictly adhered to? We’re glad you asked!
- We do not have the resources to dry clean or laundry your donation. Clothing donations put in bags are often wrinkled beyond use.
- Our staff is working hard! They are working to serve our job seeking clients; it is time consuming and requires long hours to quality check, sort and tag our donations. When arriving in bags, it takes a much longer time to sort through, fluff and hang! We don’t have the volunteer resources to accommodate these donations.
There is a great need for…
- Sizes 12 -16+ (suits, blouses, slacks, etc.)
- Shoes – all sizes including Wide
- Suits & Jackets 38 – 46 +
- Slacks 38- 50 +
- Dress Shirts – neck size 20 +
- Men’s shoes – all sizes
- Belts – size 34 – 48 +
For any questions about donations, please call the office at (323) 600-1106 or (909) 623-9741.
What is your reward?
- Our heartfelt appreciation and the rewarding sentiment that comes from helping thousands of individuals get back to work
- Tax deductible receipt for your donations
Our staff and clients thank you for your generosity