On December 2nd residents of the Women’s care Cottage received letters that they are losing their shelter housing. I know this because I spent the day talking to these women about what to do next. I did not see the information on their web site.http://www.womenscarecottage.org/.
If you are receiving CalWORKs and have one of these letters:
1. Call your eligibility worker and go into the DPSS office with the letter in your hand.
2. Tell your Eligibility Worker that you are about to be homeless (again for many ladies)
3. Ask to be assessed for a Homeless Case Manager
4. Sign up for Section 8
5. Get the pamphlets and information on the CalWORKS Homeless services
6. Talk to your GAIN worker about the TSE program and a Vocational Assessment. If the barrier between you and permanent housing is money, work with your GAIN worker to find employment.
7. If you are not receiving Domestic Violence or Mental Health therapy – and are not interrested in these therapies – sign the waiver of services with your GAIN worker